We are just a few hours away from the launch of Beta 1 of rootsh3ll Labs. Thought this is the right time to spread the word
On a personal note, we are nervous, often blank, afraid of how it will be received. Even If it would be useful to you at all or not. Hopes are not going to help here. Only our work and your feedback coupled together would decide rootsh3ll’s future…
What to expect
- WPA2 Hacking exercise
- CTF like lab
- Lab start time of 2-3 minutes (we aim to bring it down to >30 seconds within Beta)
- Latency - If you are non-US resident you are likely to face latency in GUI. Use Terminal version instead.
What not to expect
- A working scoreboard system
- Persistent authentication - You’ll get logged out automatically after 1 hour.
- Super-fast lab environments. We are working on that and aim to start each lab in less than 30 seconds.
- Fully working /profile/ page.
Make sure to use your Google account to log into the labs. We only support Google-based authentication at the moment.
After successful completion of the lab exercise you can create a post under #beta:feedback category.
Let us know how much you liked the exercise, how was your experience with the GUI and Terminal based lab environment.
You can expect new labs after every 2 days. Starting with CTF styled labs geared towards network security, mainly wireless networks.